Thursday 23 December 2010

Chocolate Truffles

Ok so I just thought I'd post a recipe for how I make my Chocolate Truffles, and some pics!

First you need to melt 225g of Plain Chocolate.

Then add 150ml of Double Cream, and 2tbsp of Rum (it makes them taste AMAZING!) 

Stir that together, it will look really odd for a bit, and nothing like truffles at all, but keep going and it eventually ends up looking like this: 
I would like to mention here that I advise you use a bigger bowl than I did, it gets very difficult to stir at this stage in such a small bowl. 

You then need to chill that mixture for at least an hour, I find it normally needs a little bit longer, and then shape it into little balls and put them on a lined baking tray. 

Leave that to chill for another 30 minutes (whilst you eat the remaining mixture).

Now this is the fun part! Choose something you would like to coat them with, I used icing sugar, chocolate sprinkles and cocoa powder for mine. 

Place a little bit of each coating on a plate or other surface type thing and roll the balls of mixture in it to coat them. 

The finished product looks like this:
Totally awesome yes?

They make perfect Christmas presents, or just really awesome after dinner snacks! They look pretty, and they taste like heaven! (Just taking into account that the only 3 ingredients are chocolate, cream and rum proves this).

PJ
x


2 comments:

  1. These look so amaaaaaazing. I'll have to convince my family to let me make some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are amazing! You so should! x

    ReplyDelete