Thursday 23 December 2010

Christmas

Ok so I have sort of avoided mentioning Christmas much in my recent posts, but OMG only 2 days!!!

So, it's Christmas Eve tomorrow, by far my favourite day of the year. I always find that Christmas day never quite lives up to my expectations. Yes there's great food, and presents, and time with family. But there's also always arguments, people stressing over everything being perfect, and I find that the atmosphere on Christmas Eve is a lot more pleasant.

Every Christmas Eve I spend the day helping my mum with cooking. We make the stuffing for the turkey, bake some mince pies, make chocolate truffles etc. Then in the evening I go to a family friend's house, with the rest of my family, Aunt and Uncle, Grandparents, Cousins, and several other family friends. And we have an amazing time! The youngest of us is now 12, so some of the magic has, of course, died. But we never fail to have an amazing time! There's karaoke, games, loads of amazing food, music and dancing and then we all take a walk in the dark singing Christmas songs, which is just the best fun!

Then when we get home we always watch A Christmas Carol, the Patrick Stewart version:

And then we read The Night Before Christmas, hang up our stockings and then go to bed. Then I always read The Nutcracker before I actually go to sleep. 

I actually really hate waking up on Christmas morning. I'm one of those people who hates going to sleep, and then hates waking up even more! But my brother is always up crazily early so then he wakes me up and then me being angry with him wakes my parents up and so on. But hey, it's Christmas!

Writing this has made me feel extra Christmassy. 

And it just started snowing!!! 

Oh dear I really need to calm down. But, in the words of Noddy Holder, it's Christmaaaas!!

PJ
x

No comments:

Post a Comment